Mini Koss Sauce Calzones
8 Rhodes yeast dinner rolls, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper chopped(other varieties can be used.)
1/2 roll of breakfast sausage,cooked and drained of grease.
small bag pepperonis
1 egg white
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease cookie sheet .Flatten out 4 of the rolls. These will be the bottoms of your calzones. Spread each with 3 teaspoons of Koss Sauce. Top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons of sausage, 2-3 pepperonis, onion and green pepper as well as cheese. Flatten out remaining 4 rolls. Stretch and place on top of toppings. Pinch bottom roll and roll placed on top together. Take a fork and press along edges to seal . Use pastry brush to brush top of each calzone with egg white. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until calzone is lightly browned and filling is warm.
Koss Sauce Burgers
1/2 lb hamburger
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked,drained and chopped into bite size pieces
2-3 tablespoons KOSS SAUCE
cheese of choice, lettuce, tomato, onions,mayo(any topping you prefer)
Combine hamburger, shredded cheddar cheese,bacon and Koss sauce in medium size bowl. Shape into patties. Either grill them or cook on stove top. Cook thoroughly until meat is fully cooked and no longer pink inside. Top with desired topping
BBQ Bacon Mac and Cheese
This is a recipe revised from a recipe I have used for years from taste of home magazine.
1 package(7 ounces) elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
4-5 slices of bacon,cooked,drained and chopped
4-5 tablespoons KOSS SAUCE
1 package (8ounce) cream cheese ,cubed
2 cups (8ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat ,add cheeses, mustard,salt and pepper . Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Drain Macaroni:add to the cheese sauce and stir to coat.Transfer to greased shallow 3 qt. baking dish. Top with chopped bacon. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle on Koss Sauce.
1-8 oz. canned biscuits
1/2 lb. hamburger.
3 tablespoons Koss Sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium size onion, diced
1 medium size bell pepper,diced(I use either red or green. )
vegetable oil spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. Saute hamburger with onion and peppers in a nonstick skillet until hamburger is no longer pink. Drain off excess grease using colander. Add mixture back into skillet and add Koss Sauce. Remove biscuit dough from roll. Break each biscuit in half. Flatten each half and mold into bottom and sides of individual muffin area of pan. This should give you 16 individual cups. fill each cup with a tablespoon of hamburger mixture. You may add or subtract from amount depending on how much you want in each, Top with cheddar cheese. Bale approximately 8-10 minutes until biscuits are lightly brown and cheese is melted.
Cheesy Kossy Sauce Dip
1/2 roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage, browned and blotted
6 tablespoons Koss Sauce
1 block (16 oz. ) Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 small onion ,finely diced
Chips of your choice
Combine Velveeta, Koss Sauce and diced onion is microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir. Place back into microwave for 2 more minutes.Remove once again, stir. If not completely melted,microwave for one more minute. Remove, add sausage, stir once again. Serve with chips or tortilla chips.
Grilled Ham Steaks with Grilled Pineapple
- Ham steaks. You may use the larger steak that can be cut in half or buy the individual size. I use Smithfield individual ham steaks.
- medium size can pineapple slices,drained
- 1/2-1 cup dark brown sugar
- You may prepare on grill outside, but I used portable griddle/grill for stovetop use.
- Grill ham steaks until warmed through, approximately 4 minutes per side. Time depends on heat of your grill .I like to grill until grill marks develop on steaks.
- Remove steaks and put on platter.
- Rub each pineapple slice with brown sugar. You may prepare ahead of time.
- Grill each pineapple slice approximately 2 minutes on each side. Once again, I like the grill marks.
- Remove pineapple slices from grill.
- Assemble ham steaks topped with pineapple slices and drizzle with Koss Sauce.
- fresh fish baked or fried. You may also use a frozen fish product . I used Mrs. Pauls fish fillets.
- coleslaw(homemade or store bought)
- stand and serve hard taco shells
- Koss Sauce
- Prepare fresh fish by baking or frying. If using frozen fish fillets, cook according to package directions.
- Warm taco shells slightly.
- Blot fish with a paper towel to remove any excess grease.
- Layer ingredients into shells.
- First layer fish, then coleslaw, followed by drizzling Koss sauce.
- ***you may layer in any order you prefer. You may also substitute lettuce and diced tomatoes for coleslaw.
6 hour slow smoked pork ribs
Pick your favorite rub recipe or make your own. I used brown sugar, crushed black pepper and salt. Smoked ribs for approximately 5 hours. In the last hour, mopped ribs with our sauce and wrapped in foil. Then removed the ribs and placed in a cooler for an additional hour allowing the ribs to rest and reabsorb the juices. Served and enjoyed the tender ribs.
Turkey Panini with brie, cranberry and Koss Sauce
- Deli sliced turkey breast or store bought brand. I used Oscar Mayer carving board. It is a thicker cut which I think goes well on panini.
- slices of brie (other cheeses may be used but I like both the taste and creaminess of brie)
- sour dough bread slices(any thicker sliced, crusty bread can be used.)
- thin slices of granny smith apple(2-3 slices for sandwich)
- 1 small onion sautéed (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons apricot preserves (this will make enough spread for 2-3 paninis.)
- 2 tablespoons Koss sauce
- butter for spreading
panini press or sandwich press/griddle
- Warm panini press or griddle
- Lightly butter both slices of bread to be used fro panini. Lay buttered side down on plate.
- Start to assemble panini.
- First, mix apricot preserves and Koss Sauce
- Spread onto one slice of bread.
- Top with turkey, brie, apple slices and onion. Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Place onto panini press or griddle. If not using panini press, flip sandwich halfway during warming. Warm/press until bread is toasty and butter is melted as well as turkey being warm and cheese is gooey.
Tex Mex Lasagna
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 10-12 ounces of Koss Sauce
- 2-3 jalapenos chopped with seeds removed
- 1 diced bell pepper (I chose an orange bell pepper but any type will do.)
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 1 package mexican shredded cheese (or whatever type you may want)
- small container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- one box lasagna noodles (ready to bake or regular)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring water to boil to cook lasagna noodles. Cook until tender and drain. If using ready to bake noodles,skip this step.
- Add onion, peppers, and hamburger to pan. Cook until hamburger is cooked completely and meat is no longer pink. drain using colander.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese and egg.
- Mix hamburger mixture in a medium size bowl with Koss Sauce.
- Begin to assemble lasagna using 9 x 11 baking dish.
- First make a layer using lasagna noodles.
- Spread layer of ricotta, followed by shredded cheese and Koss Sauce mixture.
- Repeat layers until you have 2-3 layers.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes to one hour, uncovering for last 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.
BBQ Bacon Pizza
- already prepared pizza crust (we used individual size but can also use large crust)thick or thin crust. However, using thicker crust will add a few minutes to cooking time.
- Canadian bacon or regular bacon, cooked, drained of grease, and chopped into bite size pieces
- sweet banana peppers, 2-3 depending on size pizza being prepared.
- small to medium size onion diced
- fresh or shredded mozzarella
- 3-4 tablespoons Koss Sauce
- 1 large baking/pizza stone
- small cast iron or any type skillet to saute vegetables.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill(this recipe may also be prepared in regular oven).
- Dice banana peppers and onion(feel free to use your favorite vegetables and toppings).
- Once grill is heated, place pizza crust onto stone.
- Top with Koss Sauce.
- Top with vegetables and bacon
- Add mozzarella
- Place stone on grill. Bake until pizza is warm and cheese is melted. If baking in oven, bake at 375 degrees approximately 15 minutes or until pizza is warm and cheese is melted.
Shrimp Po Boys
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh shrimp (deveined and tail removed)
- 1 pack (contains approx. 6) sub rolls
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomato
- pat or 2 of butter for toasting buns
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons Koss Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer or Dutch oven. Always be careful when cooking with hot oil.
- Mix dry ingredients(flour, salt and pepper) in small bowl.
- In another small bowl combine your wet ingredients.(milk, egg)
- Prepare platter or plate with a paper towel for shrimp once fried.
- Pat dry shrimp
- Dredge shrimp in dry ingredients
- Dip each shrimp into wet ingredients.
- Dredge shrimp in dry ingredients once more.
- Check to make sure oil is hot enough but dropping a teaspoon of water. If hot enough, water will pop and sizzle.
- Drop breaded shrimp into oil and cook approximately 3-4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through .Do not overcook.
- Place on platter while you toast buns and make spread for Po boys.
- Heat oven at 350 degrees. While oven is warming, lightly spread butter onto sub rolls.
- Place in oven until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Koss sauce.
- Spread Koss sauce mixture on toasted buns. Top with lettuce and tomato and shrimp.
Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders(approximately 6-7 tenders)
- 1 egg
- 1-1&1/4 cp. water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons Koss Sauce
- vegetable oil
- Heat oil in either deep fryer or dutch oven.
- In a small bowl, add dry ingredient, flour.
- In separate small bowl, mix wet ingredients which consist of egg, water, and Koss Sauce.
- Use whisk to beat egg lightly and mix well with water and Koss Sauce.
- Place platter out to place chicken tenders on once ready to fry.
- First, dip each chicken tender into flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Next, dip each tender into wet ingredients.
- Dredge each tender in flour once again.
- Test oil before frying by dropping a drop of water into oil. When hot enough, water will pop. Be careful when cooking with hot oil.
- Using long handled tongs or other kitchen utensil, place chicken tenders in oil. Cook for approximately 6 minutes or until batter is light brown , When chicken tenders float on top of oil, this is also an indication that they are done.
- Remove from oil. Place on platter with paper towel to blot off excess grease.
- Cool slightly before serving.